Summer is officially upon us and that means the time is here where we’re going to sweat, chafe, and have to worry about WTF we can wear to stay cool while still appearing appropriate for work.
Being curvy in the summer is a constant struggle. Shopping is difficult, everything rubs together, and more skin means more burns. Luckily for you thicc women out there, we’ve done our research and found some incredible products, style hacks, and answers to your prayers when it comes to summertime fun. Thank us later.
20. This ADORABLE lemon-patterned crop tank, to turn even your most sour days sweet.
19. These super affordable anti-chafing bands, so you never need to worry about a fun summer day turning painful and miserable again.
Which, customers love.
18. These pain black yoga shorts to have on hand in case you want to wear a dress that may be a bit too short for work (and, you can sit any way you want!)
17. This adorable one-piece swimsuit that is both cute and sexy all at the same time.
16. This anti-chafing balm stick that has over 2,600 positive reviews.
I am a lifelong curvy lady whose thighs have rubbed together since the beginning of time, probably, so I’m no stranger to chafing. I heard about this product a long time ago, but for some reason I didn’t trust it – it wouldn’t work for me, somehow, and so I disregarded it. I wear cotton bike shorts under my dresses, and that helps a little, but there’s still bare parts of my skin that touch and I can’t wear them with denim shorts, rompers, etc.
I continued to read good things, and as summer was fast approaching and we were set to have our first Very Hot weekend of the year, I ordered the smallest size and told myself I’d give it a shot. This morning I applied the balm to my inner thighs under a sundress and spent a day walking around in the heat and sunshine; it was hot, and I was sweating, but miraculously, my thighs felt fine!
I applied the balm at around 11:30 am and as I write my review it’s almost 7:30 pm but my legs are going strong. Other parts of me have definitely reacted to being out and about but not my thighs – without this stuff, they would be pink and tender, but they feel soft and happy. I am absolutely impressed.
Long story short, this stuff absolutely worked for me; I plan to buy a larger size when this smaller one runs out. Don’t be a doubter like I was!
15. This chic jumpsuit that looks like a dress, but avoids the “flying up” and sunburnt legs issue.
14. This adjustable ring that you can make bigger when your fingers swell in the heat.
13. These sandals with extra comfort on those days you’re doing a lot of walking.
I put these on and didn’t want to take them off! Very comfortable, very pretty, I bought them for a vacation but I will be using them more than I expected. The elastics at the back make them fit perfectly without the buckle to hassle with. Because the elastic strap is encased in the blue it doesn’t look tacky. I bought two other colors, so glad I did! They also came in a drawstring bag that will be great for packing… a bonus 😉
12. This boho oversized beach towel which seconds as a yoga mat and can fit two people rather comfortably.
11. This 10 pack of anti-chafing creams to bring with you when you travel or want to throw in your clutch for Sunday brunch.
10. These “underwear shorts” that prevent chafing and allow you to wear any dresses or skirts you want–plus, they have a hidden pocket to hold your phone and money.
9. This two pack of seamless bralettes to save your chest from the digging of underwire when it’s super hot out.
These bralett’s are awesome. For a big girl like me 3x, I don’t have a big bust-line, so I don’t need or want a huge bra with wires. I started wearing these this summer and I never looked back. The first thing I noticed is that this brand was well made and very comfortable and give me ample support. One minus is they don’t have adjustable straps which some do have, but the price and the comfort level is so amazing you actually forget you are wearing them. They have a small pocket with a removable bra pad which gives you extra shape and smooths the areola area and I add a silicone cutlet for even more volume. I will never wear a normal bra again. I am wearing the purple one today. I have been up and going for 12 hours and have no need to pull my bra off. Another thing: bralett’s minimize back fat. I have lost a lot of weight and have extra skin that hangs on the side boob area creating a back fat concern and I notice with these there is a wide back panel that smooths and doesn’t cut me in half…I just ordered all 6 colors.
8. This fun swimsuit that comes with high waisted bottoms and an easily adjustable top.
Sooooo cute! I always buy 2 piece suits and never feel comfortable but in this thing I feel comfortable and sexy! I’m 5’8” and normally buy medium/large, I took a chance and got medium and I LOVE IT. I would recommend, especially if you have some problem areas you want to hide.
7. This chic beach coverup that can double as a kimono to wear literally anywhere.
Love this! I bought this for myself to wear this summer by the pool over a bathing suit, and it is nice enough I could wear it with a tank top and shorts too. It is so cute and almost “fancy”, yet light enough to wear in the sun.
6. This breathable and seamless lace bralette that’s perfect for racerback dresses and tank tops.
This is the most comfortable bralette that I have ever worn!!! The sizing is just perfect. I’m a 32D and I constantly face the struggle of either a bralette being too small in the cups and perfect in the band or too big in the band and perfect in the cups. I was hesitant at first about ordering a Small, but it worked out perfectly. I plan to order this in many more colors! The lace on the straps is very flattering as well.